Dedicated To Engineered Timber Flooring In Brisbane
Why Do Our Customers Love Engineered Timber Flooring?
The Look Of Hardwood Without The Hassle
There is no denying the beauty and timeless look of hardwood flooring, however, if you have a smaller budget to work with, you might want to consider engineered timber flooring instead. In fact, more and more people are choosing engineered timber flooring in Brisbane, and for very good reason.
On the surface, engineered timber flooring looks extremely similar to traditional hardwood floors, and feels just like timber. You have similar grains, colours, and textures, but the core difference is what it’s made of.
Understanding Engineered Timber Flooring
Hardwood timber floors are made from thick planks of timber which are glued or nailed to a subfloor. Natural hardwood is then sanded, finished, and polished to give a smooth finish.
In comparison, engineered timber flooring has just a thin layer of natural hardwood on top of a high-quality engineered core, usually made of plywood. Because engineered timber flooring uses only about a third of the amount of timber that a solid timber floor does, it is viewed as a more sustainable and environmentally friendly way of having timber flooring.
If you desire wood look flooring in your kitchen, laundry, or throughout most of your home, engineered wood flooring is the better choice for areas that may deal with moisture. And at Harris Timber, we offer lots of colours, tones, and styles to choose from. You can also select light, medium, and dark timber colours in warm and cool tones, in widths and thicknesses to suit your budget.
Benefits Of Engineered Timber Flooring
- Easy to lay, and saves time and money.
- Can be glued directly onto a slab or subfloor.
- Offers the same resale value to your home as traditional hardwood flooring.
- Is generally cheaper than hardwood, however, the price depends on the thickness of planks.
- Engineered timber flooring is graded with zero cracks, knots or other defects that occur naturally in hardwood.
- Offices, retail stores, restaurants and many other types of commercial premises are choosing engineered timber flooring for Brisbane businesses.
What To Consider Before Selecting Engineer Timber Flooring
- Is the floor for a busy space with lots of foot traffic?
- Do you require flooring that has sound or insulation properties?
- Do you like the look of parquetry or herringbone designs?
- Do you need a floor that is easy to clean (children and pet friendly)?
All our flooring products are of the highest quality and come with installation warranties for your complete peace of mind. If you need help deciding on the right flooring for your needs, speak to one of our Harris Timber flooring experts today. We offer the best advice, service, and installation regarding our range of engineered timber flooring for Brisbane residential and commercial properties.