We Provide Floor Sanding In Brisbane
Delivering High-Quality Sanding With Hardwood Floor Installations
Our team of industrious floor and timber specialists have successfully raised the standard to a whole new level when it comes to our hardwood floor sanding in Brisbane, covering all flooring needs whether it be for residential, commercial, or industrial demand.
With floor sanding services that will leave your hardwood floors glistening with an opulent shine, your refurbished timber floors will reflect the commitment and pride we incorporate into our work for all our valued customers.
At Harris Timbers, our services are not only exclusive to Brisbane – we also cover the Gold Coast and Northern New South Wales. When it is time to replace your hardwood flooring, contact our dedicated team today on 0478 748 558 to arrange a consultation, so we can assist you with our floor sanding in Brisbane and beyond.
Flooring Restoration And Repairs
Flooring is a fundamental element, and when done right it can reflect the overall aesthetic of your home or business. On the surface it may not seem like a big deal, however, the condition of your floor will be judged by many of the guests who visit your home or the clients who visit your business. For our team at Harris Timbers, it is almost effortless to help our clients by remove small scratches, dents, imperfections, or worn out areas in their hardwood flooring, or simply transforming the look and feel of a room through sanding and then revarnishing.
What Is Involved In Floor Sanding
Once we have provided you with a quote on floor sanding and you are happy for us to get started, we will begin our 3 stage process:
Preparation: We will clean the floor thoroughly to remove any dust and dirt, we will also fix any protruding nails or screws to ensure the floor is as flat as possible.
Sanding: We then start sanding to remove any old finishes and sand away any imperfections. We use a few different types of grit paper to level out the surface, before we give it the smooth finish that you desire.
The Finish: Once the floor has been sanded, we will clean it again, so it is ready to be stained or sealed.
Looking After Your Restored Floors
- Maintain a warm room temperature
- Ensure there is plenty of ventilation to help your floor dry after it has been varnished
- Wait at least 24 hours before bringing your furniture back in, and make sure you place it down and not drag it in as this may re-scratch your flooring
- Hold off putting down any rugs for at least 2 weeks, as your floor will still be curing during this time (if construction is still going down you can put down sheets or blankets, but lift these up overnight)
- Don’t mop or put any liquid on your floor for at least a month as this can weaken your finish (if there is a spill, use a damp cloth on the spill only)
How To Get The Most Out Your Sanded Floors
- Regular clean your floors with a vacuum or soft broom
- Rarely use a mop as water can damage the floor. If there is a spill, you should clean it up immediately
- Don’t use harsh chemicals on your hardwood flooring as this can strip of the finish
- Use felt or protective pads under furniture to prevent scratching your floor
- Put down a rug in high-traffic areas to help reduce wear
- Every few years consider refinishing your floor as this will help to keep it looking fantastic
With suitable care and regular maintenance post-sanding, you will ensure the beauty and lustre of your floor will last for many more years to come. Contact us today about restorative floor sanding in Brisbane and beyond.