Timber Floor Sanding Gold Coast Wide
Your Local Timber Experts Providing High-Quality Sanding
At Harris Timber, one of the things that we hold most pride in is our ability to guarantee a first-class standard in timber floor sanding for Gold Coast clients. Over our many years in the business we have developed a solid reputation through our ability to satisfy the wishes of our clients, with exceptional results every time.
With meticulous attention to detail, our team will ensure the highest and finest quality of care, assessing every minor detail to ensure even the smallest dents are sanded away. We are proud to provide a standard of workmanship that is guaranteed to impress anyone who you welcome into your home or business.
Here at Harris Timber, we also supply timber flooring, take care of subfloor preparations, and will install your new timber floors efficiently and to the highest possible standard. So, the next time that you need repairs, maintenance, or you want to refinish your timber flooring, give our friendly and helpful team a call on 0478 748 558 and we would be more than happy to arrange a consultation for timber floor sanding Gold Coast wide.
Floor Sanding Specialists
Bringing Floors Back To Life
- You have noticed the finish is peeling off
- If the stain colour is not evenly distributed (or looks well-worn in some areas)
- If you have noticed unsightly large marks or stains that have become permanent (you can’t remove them through cleaning)
- Your floorboards are warped in some areas
- You wish to give your floors a new stain colour
- Your floors have not been sanded and polished for over 10 years
How We Prepare For Sanding
Our team of floor sanding specialists will have no difficulty in detecting any issues with your flooring, ranging from the most minute scratch to the most conspicuous defect. Before we start sanding, here is exactly what we will do:
- On new floors we will ensure all nails are punched, and any holes are plugged.
- If you have old or existing floors, we will ensure any old nails, adhesives, staples, or underlays are removed and punched down, and any broken boards are repaired.
- We do the first part of the sanding process to make the floor flat.
- We will then do the remainder of the floor sanding to give the perfect look and the feel that you desire.
- Please keep in mind that it will take a few days for your final finish to dry, so it is a good idea to seal off the spaces or make arrangements to stay somewhere else until the floor is dry and ready for you to walk in and admire it.
Maintaining Your New Floors
- Sand and grit that comes in via your shoes can cause scratches on timber flooring. You can either set a ‘shoes off’ rule, or you can purchase some welcome mats (ideally put them both inside and outside each of your doors), and this will help to mitigate the problem.
- In high traffic areas you may also want to consider adding a rug to help protect the floor.
- Sweep or dust daily, and vacuum weekly
- Don’t use harsh chemicals, but do use a special hardwood floor cleaner at least once or twice a month.
- You can apply a fresh coat of finish every couple of years, and you should re-sand every 10 years.
We are always here to help you get the most out of your floors. With suitable care and regular maintenance post timber sanding at your Gold Coast property, your floors will look amazing for many years to come. Get in touch with us today to schedule a consultation.